Height: 0.7 blocks
Solid surfaced blocks with a minimum of two block spaces above them.
Hurt + Death
Ducks are common passive mobs.They can be tamed using uncooked fish or bread which can be used to breed two ducks together to make a duckling. Note like chickens, ducks can not repoduce for 20 minutes after breeding.
Ducks naturally spawn on grass blocks with 2 blocks of free space above it at light level of 9 or more, and spawn in groups of 2 upon world generation.
Ducks drop 0–2 feathers and 0-2 uncooked fish when killed. The amount of feathers and uncooked fish dropped is affected by the Looting enchantment. They drop 1-3 experience when killed by a player or tamed wolf.
Ducks wander around aimlessly, and usually avoid water, though they can swim in it. When falling they will flap their wings quickly and fall slowly, making them immune to fall damage. Despite this, they will still avoid falling off cliffs high enough to cause fall damage.
Ducks are based on the chicken model, but they have a different texture and make different sounds. Ducks can be heard quacking occasionally. Like chickens, ducks will lay eggs every 5 minutes.
They share some behaviors with other passive mobs, including chickens:
- They are drawn to light when in a dark environment.
- When hit, they run around quickly and aimlessly.
- They can swim, floating around aimlessly in the water.
When swimming, ducks need two blocks of air above their heads or else they will take damage when they float up and will eventually die.
- Fixed ducks taking fall damage.
- Ducks now drop feathers.
- Ducks now 'flap' their wings.
- Added ducks.
- In the mod files, ducks have an unused 'plop' sound, which is the sound chickens make when an egg appears.
- Since ducks are the same size as chickens, they are also able to "hide" within hoppers due to their small size, protecting them from lava or water that might be directly on top of the hopper.
- Ducks can never be found in the ocean, only nautral occuring lakes, rivers and ponds.
Bear • Big Cat • Bird • Bunny • Crab • Dolphin • Elephant (Mammoth)• Fishy • Fox • Goat • Horse • Jellyfish • Kitty • Komodo Dragon • Manta Ray • Manticore • Medium Fish • Ostrich • Raccoon • Scorpion • Shark • Small Fish • Snake • Stingray • Turkey • Turtle • Wyvern