Solid surfaced blocks with a minimum of two block spaces above them.
Idle Female idle Kid idle Hurt Eating Smack Dig Death
Goats spawn on grass blocks at light levels of 9 or more with at least 2 block space above. They often spawn in groups of 4 during world generation, which includes males, females and kids.
Goats come in six different colors: white, grey, brown, white with grey spots, grey-brown, and white with brown spots.
Male goats are neutral, and female goats and kids are passive. If a male is provoked, or if the player attempts to milk it with an empty bucket, it will ram them back with its horns, producing a minuscule knockback effect. Unlike other neutral mobs, which usually remain hostile after being hit, male goats will usually attack a few times, stop attacking and then turn neutral again. Female goats can be milked by using an empty bucket. Goats can be heard bleating occasionally, with females and kids emitting different bleats.
Goats are attracted to item entities floating on the ground, and will eat any item, including blocks, diamonds, weapons, and tools, Goats cannot eat experience orbs. It's recommended to keep your valuables in a chest to keep them safe from goats.
A goat will follow the player if they have any edible item in hand.
Male goats will fight between themselves, and eventually one will be killed. This is characterized by the goats lowering their heads, stamping their feet, and raising their tails. They will then charge at one another and knock each other back. When a goat gets knocked back by another goat, it is possible for one to get knocked over a fence, so a higher wall or separation of males would be suggested for containment.
A goat can be tamed by feeding it any edible food item (even golden apples, though they experience its effects), and even food that would usually cause negative effects, like rotten flesh and spider eyes. When the naming screen appears, the goat has been tamed. To change a goat's name, right-click on it with a book, name tag or medallion. To heal a hurt goat, feed it with any edible item. Goats can also be leashed, but the goat will eat the lead if it breaks.
Tamed goats will not attack the player if provoked, but males will if you attempt to milk them.
Even though there are both male and female goats, they cannot be bred.
- Fixed feeding goat milk replacing empty bucket stacks.
- Decreased frequency of goat bleats.
- Fixed bug with invisible ropes on goats.
- Goats are no longer tamed by food they find, you have to give them food by right clicking on them so they become tame.
- Goat size changed so they fit through doors.
- Added goats.
- As goats eat any item on the ground, they can be useful if the player has lots of unneeded items, acting as a great substitute for lava or fire when it comes to garbage disposal.
- Goats can eat lava buckets or fire charges and not catch fire or die from doing so.
- Since female goats can be milked and they can be stored inside a pet amulet, this can make goats act as a portable milk source.
Bear • Big Cat • Bird • Bunny • Crab • Dolphin • Elephant (Mammoth)• Fishy • Fox • Goat • Horse • Jellyfish • Kitty • Komodo Dragon • Manta Ray • Manticore • Medium Fish • Ostrich • Raccoon • Scorpion • Shark • Small Fish • Snake • Stingray • Turkey • Turtle • Wyvern