Solid surfaced blocks with a minimum of two block spaces above them
Zebra hurt & death
Ghost horse idle
Ghost horse mad
Ghost horse death
Undead horse idle
Undead horse mad
Undead horse hurt
Undead horse death
Horses are tamable mobs that come with many variants.
- 1 Spawning
- 2 Drops
- 3 Usage
- 4 Behavior
- 5 Differences
- 6 Breeding
- 7 Variations
- 7.1 Base colors
- 7.2 Cross-breeds
- 7.3 Tier 3
- 7.4 Unique horses
- 7.5 Donkey
- 7.6 Mule
- 7.7 Zebra
- 7.8 Zorse
- 7.9 Zonkey
- 7.10 Undead horse
- 7.11 Skeleton horse
- 7.12 Bat horse
- 7.13 Nightmare
- 7.14 Unicorn
- 7.15 Pegasus
- 7.16 Dark pegasus
- 7.17 Ghost horse
- 7.18 Fairy horse
- 7.19 Grey glitch horse
- 8 History
- 8.1 v12.0.0
- 8.2 v10.0.1
- 8.3 v8.0.1
- 8.4 v8.0.0 DEVa
- 8.5 v6.3.1
- 8.6 v6.2.1
- 8.7 v6.1.0 DEV R1
- 8.8 v6.0.0 DEV R3
- 8.9 v6.0.0 DEV R1
- 8.10 v5.2.2
- 8.11 v5.2.0 DEV
- 8.12 v5.1.3
- 8.13 v5.0.8
- 8.14 v5.0.7
- 8.15 v5.0.6
- 8.16 v5.0.5
- 8.17 v5.0.4
- 8.18 v5.0.3
- 8.19 v5.0.0
- 8.20 v4.5.1
- 8.21 v4.5.0
- 8.22 v4.4.0
- 8.23 v4.3.0
- 8.24 v4.2.2
- 8.25 v4.2.1
- 8.26 v4.2.0
- 8.27 v4.1.2
- 8.28 v4.1.1
- 8.29 v4.0.4
- 8.30 v4.0.3
- 8.31 v4.0.2
- 8.32 v3.7.1
- 8.33 v3.7.0
- 8.34 v3.6.1
- 8.35 v3.6.0
- 8.36 v2.14.2
- 8.37 v2.14.1
- 8.38 v2.13.1
- 8.39 v2.12
- 8.40 v2.11
- 8.41 v2.10.3
- 8.42 v2.9.4
- 8.43 v2.9.2
- 8.44 v2.8
- 8.45 v2.5.3
- 8.46 v2.5.2
- 8.47 v2.5.1
- 8.48 v2.3
- 8.49 v2.1.1
- 8.50 v2.01
- 8.51 v1.6.6
- 8.52 v1.6.5
- 9 Trivia
- 10 Gallery
- 11 References
Horses spawn on grass blocks at light levels of 9 or more with at least 2 block space above, usually in herds of 2–6. Occasionally, babies will spawn in heards. Zebras have a 10% chance to spawn in herds.
Mules, zorses, zonkeys, and horses that can only be obtained with essences or by breeding do not spawn naturally, and can only be spawned naturally by cross-breeding.
The horse spawn egg will only spawn zebras and three out of four tier 2 horses.
Horses come with many unique features and markings. Adult horses are approximately 1.4 blocks wide and long, and 1.6 blocks high. Foals are much smaller than adults, and slowly get bigger as they age.
Horses do not change once they have been tamed, (unless they have been given an essence) though tamed horses may be differentiated by giving them equipment.
- Horses have a stocky build. They can have 1 of 5 base colors: white/light grey, buckskin, blood bay, mahogany/dark bay, and black. Horses in tiers 2-4 come with 1 of 9 unique coat markings: palomino snowflake, grulla overo/grullo, bay, dappled grey, bay tovero, palomino tovero, grulla/grullo tovero, black leopard, and black tovero.
- Mules have a dark, reddish-brown coat and long, erect ears like that of donkeys.
- Zebras have a distinctive black and white striped coat.
- Zorses have stripes and long ears, much like zebras, but have more of a greyish coat.
- Zonkeys are similar to zorses, but have longer ears and make the same sounds as mules and donkeys.
- Ghost horses are transparent and green, or grey if the ghost horse is a flying ghost horse, with visible eye sockets. They float slightly above the ground.
- Undead horses or zombie horses, are green-skinned with greyish eyes, and have animated flesh for their coat.
- Skeleton horses are only bones, although skeletal unicorns still retain their horn, and skeletal pegasus retain their wings.
- Fairy horses come with many colors and unique wing patterns, which vary depending on what dye was fed to them. Some fairy horses have wings that resemble butterfly wings.
- Nightmares have a fiery-red animated coat, with embers particles that fly out of their coat, much like lava. However, they are purely aesthetic and do not cause fires or damage to mobs or players.
- Unicorns have a white coat with a long horn protruding from their head, and a yellow white mane.
- Pegasus have a white coat with feathered wings and blue eyes.
- Dark pegasus have a dark red coat and wings.
When killed, horses will drop:
- 0–2 Leather (except for skeletal horses).
- 0–2 Rotten Flesh if the horse is an undead horse.
- 0–2 Bone if the horse is a skeleton horse.
- 0–2 Unicorn Horn (25% chance) if the horse is a unicorn or fairy horse.
- 0–2 Ghast Tear (25% chance) if the horse is a ghost horse.
- 0–2 Heart of Undead (25% chance) if the horse is an undead horse.
- 1–3 experience when killed by a player or tamed wolf.
- Saddle if already equipped
- Horse Armor if the horse was already equipped
- Crystal Mount Armor if the horse was already equipped
- Chest + contents if the horse, donkey etc., if already equipped
Horses are one of the fastest land mobs, though they cannot fit through single block-wide openings. They can also be used to climb hills, as horses can jump high enough to clear up to five or six block heights, slightly higher than that of Minecraft horses. Also, unlike Minecraft horses, horses do not have a jump bar that is controlled by the spacebar.
Horses can be led around with leads, both wild and tamed. It is also possible to ride a horse and lead another horse with a lead at the same time.
Tamed horses can be equipped with saddles or crafted saddles, horse armor (most horses and rare horses), crystal mount armor (special horses only) or chests (pegasus, dark pegasus, zonkeys, fairy horses or mules only).
To remove armor off a horse, right-click on the horse with shears or place the horse in an amulet. Armor will also come off the horse if a scroll of freedom is used on it. But be aware that by doing this, you will have to tame the horse again, but you won't be able to if it's a special horse.
Equipment can be placed on a horse by right-clicking on the horse. If a horse has a chest, a horse’s inventory can by accessed by sneaking and then right-clicking on the horse.
A pegasus (and their undead and skeleton variants), dark pegasus and fairy horses only have 18 slots of inventory space, while mules have 27 slots. Chests can only be given to a pegasus, undead pegasus, skeleton pegasus, fairy horse or mule by right-clicking on the horse with the chest in hand, and afterwards the chest cannot be removed, except by killing the horse or mule, with shears or placing the horse or mule in a horse amulet. Upon death, the horse or mule will drop the attached chest and its contents.
Once a horse has been saddled, the player can control it with the same controls that applies to other rideable mounts. To get off the horse, press the dismount key (shift by default). If the player is riding a flying horse, they can descend with the Z key.
When riding a horse, the hunger bar is replaced by the horse's health in survival or adventure mode when the player is riding it. It uses a slightly different heart texture than the player's health bar. Unlike Minecraft horses, the experience bar is not replaced by a jump bar, as horses do not need a charge for a jump.
A ridden horse will automatically run up any one block high slope. The horse and rider can safely fit through a space as low as 2.75 blocks high. Lower clearance risks suffocating the rider if the rider's head enters a non-transparent block. The horse itself can enter gaps as low as 1.625 blocks high, but may itself take suffocation damage when clearance is less than 1.75 blocks. Horses cannot fit through a 1-block-wide gap.
A whip can be used on a tamed horse to make it go faster for a short period of time when it is being ridden. If the player is riding a nightmare, the whip will cause the nightmare to leave a trail of fire behind for a period of time. If a whip is used on a unicorn, it will gain the ability to charge at mobs for at least 10 seconds. Afterwards the unicorn will then move slowly as it recharges. When the horse is not being ridden, the whip can be used to make a tamed horse remain stationary. When in this state, the horse will lower its head and not move. If the whip is used again, the horse will resume movement.
The player can store or release their tamed horse(s) with the use of amulets. An amulet can catch a horse by right-clicking on the horse. There are four types of horse amulets, each one can be used to capture different kinds of horses. For example, a bone amulet can only catch undead or skeletal horses, and it does not work on other horses.
A pet amulet can store horses from tiers 1 to 4, bat horses, mules, nightmares, unicorns, zebras, zonkeys, and zorses.
- Bone amulets can catch undead horses, undead pegasus, undead unicorns, skeleton horses and their variants.
- Sky amulets can catch pegasus and dark pegasus.
- Fairy amulets are used for storing tamed fairy horses.
- Ghost amulets can be used for storing ghost horses.
Horses will wander around aimlessly, swishing their tails around or lowering their heads, which looks like they are eating the grass though no grass is actually eaten. If a player comes near, the horse(s) will turn to look at them. Horses remain passive and do not react to being hit.
Horses will open their mouths and make noises that depend on the particular horse’s variation. Normal horses make neighs and whinnies, while donkeys, mules and zonkeys emit brays. Ghost horses, undead horses and skeleton horses emit moaning neighs.
Despite their size, horses are able to ride in a minecart.
Unlike other passive mobs, horses will slowly regenerate health.
Horses (both foals and adults), can be tamed, but not wild hostile horses that spawn at night or in dark places. Equip the horse with a saddle, and then mount the horse repeatedly; when it no longer bucks the player and the naming screen appears, it is tamed. It is necessary to tame a horse in order to breed it, give it equipment, ride or fly.
Taming depends on the horse's "temper". Wild horses all begin with a temper. When a player is riding the horse, a random number is chosen. The horse becomes tame if this number is less than the temper, otherwise the player is bucked off. Temper can be reduced by feeding the horse certain food items (see below).
There are many items that can be given to a horse. Feeding a horse food can cause it to grow (if it is not yet an adult; foals normally take 20 or 30 minutes to fully mature if not fed) or restore its health, while essences can transform a horse into a special variant of horse. The table below lists the effects of the various foods and essences horses will take.
To feed a horse, hold a valid food item or essence and right click on the horse. If the food or essence is invalid, you will end up mounting the horse. Horses can only be fed when feeding would have an effect, like other mobs.
Before riding a horse, it is recommended to give it any of the following food items that reduce temper; each type of horse has a certain amount of temper that must be removed before it can be tamed successfully. The player can reduce the temper of an untamed horse by giving it a specific food item (see below). Many food items will reduce temper by different amounts.
|Hay Stack||-25||Prevents tamed horses from moving.|
|Sugar Lump||-50 (to a minimum of 25)|
|Bread||-100 (to a minimum of 25)||Slightly increases growth of foals.|
|Apple||-||Tames the horse instantly.|
|Golden Apple||-||Tames the horse instantly.|
|Pumpkin||-||Activates love mode in tamed horses.|
|Mushroom Stew||-||Activates love mode in tamed horses.|
|Essence of Darkness||-||Turns a tamed zorse into a bathorse.|
Heals tamed bathorses.
Turns a tamed pegasus into a dark pegasus if it is above cloud level.
|Essence of Fire||-||Turns a tamed zorse into a nightmare.|
Heals a tamed nightmare.
|Essence of Light||-||
Transforms a tamed nightmare into a unicorn.
|Essence of Undead||-||
Turns a tamed horse, mule, zorse, zonkey, nightmare into an undead horse, or a unicorn or pegasus to create a undead unicorn or undead pegasus.
In Minecraft 1.6, horses were added to the game, and share the same models as horses from the mod. These horses changed the spawning properties of Mo' Creatures horses, which made some breeds harder to obtain than others.
Minecraft horses and Mo' Creatures horses may be difficult to tell apart, but there are some key differences that make them easier to distinguish:
- The easiest way to tell them apart is by looking at their eyes. Horses have detailed eyes, complete with irises.
- There is no sound made when a horse is equipped with a saddle.
- There is also no galloping heard when riding a horse.
- Horses have a health and name bar above their head if they are tame.
- Horses emit different neighs and whinnies.
- Horses have different textures when equipped with horse armor.
- Baby Minecraft horses are more spindly versions of their adult counterparts.
- Horses all have the same speed, regardless of their variation. Minecraft horse speed varies depending on the horse.
- Horses don't take damage from suffocation or the player's fists, though they will still turn red.
- Horses are also fireproof, but they will take damage in lava.
When a horse has been tamed, the player can breed them to obtain rarer horses. There are many different breeds that can be created, all with unique coat colors. There are also rare and special horses that can only be produced from breeding or essences.
To successfully breed a pair of horses, these rules must be followed for the entire process:
- The pair of horses must not be more than 4 blocks away from each other. It is recommended that you place the two horses in an enclosure for this step.
- There must not be any other horse within 8 blocks of the breeding pair. If you find any horse(s) near the breeding pair, either kill them or move them away.
- One or both of the horses must be fed the appropriate food items to begin the breeding process (pumpkins, mushroom stew, or cake). If successful, love hearts will then appear around the horses (as shown in the picture above), similar to the particle effect that surrounds breeding sheep, cows, pigs etc. These particles may fade away, if that happens, you may need to find a different horse.
- Horses must be left for half a Minecraft day (about 10 minutes) after being fed the proper items. Pegasus and unicorns take about a whole Minecraft day.
- As long as the Minecraft chunk that the breeding pair of horses are on stays loaded, you do not have to keep them in sight for them to breed.
The result of a successful breeding will be a foal (a baby horse) after about 5 minutes. Foals can be given bread to speed up their growth slightly until they are an adult. The baby will be tamed to the player almost immediately after birth and the naming screen will then appear. However, if the player is far away from the breeding pair after the foal has been produced, it will be wild and the player will have to tame it. The player can instantly breed the two parent horses as soon as the foal has been born, but the player has to move it to another place first. After giving the two parent horses the food items necessary for breeding, you must stay in the Overworld. If you go into another dimension, the baby will be wild and will need to be tamed like other horses.
To breed the 'normal' horses, follow this breeding chart.
The breeding chart is similar to a multiplication table. After finding the desired horse, look to the top horse of that column, and the far left horse of the row will show the required horse(s) to breed. By breeding those two horses, they have a chance of giving birth to that desired horse. Keep in mind that breeding horses will not always create the horse you desire, and will sometimes produce a horse that is the same type as one of the parents. If this is the case, there is no option but to try again (unless the easy breeding option has been set to true).
For instance, to breed the grey and white spotted horse (2nd row down, 6th column), a Minecraft white horse and Mo' Creatures black horse are needed. The small subscripted number in the top left of each horse picture represents the 'tier' of the horse. There are four tiers.
Typically, the objective is to breed at least one or two tier 4 horses in order to begin breeding special horses. Once this has been worked out, the breeding chart is simple and quite easy to use.
To breed a Minecraft horse with a horse from the Mo' Creatures mod, you need to give the Mo' Creatures horse either a pumpkin, mushroom stew, or cake. After this, it will then start the breeding process. You don't need to give anything to the Minecraft horse, as both horses will breed automatically.
There are four types of tamable Mo' Creatures horses that spawn naturally in the wild: three tier 2 horses and zebras. But there are many more that are obtainable by breeding. There are also a handful of rare special horses that require both breeding and items in order to obtain them. There are 35 types of horses that can be tamed or created, from the common horse breeds to the exotic zebra, to the incredibly rare, mythical horses such as the unicorn and pegasus.
It is important to note - in order to breed all the horses in the Mo' Creatures breeding chart, you will need the three tier 2 Mo' Creatures horses that are found in the wild, as well as two Minecraft horses: the tier 1 white horse and the tier 1 black horse. In order to tame the tier 1 Minecraft horses you will need at least one Minecraft saddle (which is not to be confused with the Mo' Creatures crafted saddle). Minecraft saddles cannot be crafted, and mostly occur as random drops in generated structures (villages, dungeons, temples, etc) so if you are playing in survival mode and have Minecraft structure generation turned off, the only way to obtain a saddle is as an uncommon drop in fishing. Once you have the Minecraft tier 1 horses, you may use them to breed a Mo' Creatures tier 1 horse of the same color, which will use a Mo' Creatures crafted saddle.
The first tier of horses are required for making most of the cross-breeds(with the exception of tier 2 horses, since they spawn naturally). These horses can only be obtained through breeding. There are five breeds of horse in this tier.
- To get a light grey or white horse, pair a white Minecraft horse with a pegasus, fairy horse, unicorn or nightmare.
- To get the buckskin horse, breed both a palomino snowflake horse and a bay horse. This can also work with a brown Minecraft horses.
- To get a blood bay horse, breed a dark brown Minecraft horse(or a bay horse) and buckskin horse.
- To obtain the mahogany/dark bay horse, breed a grulla overo horse with a black Minecraft horse.
- A black horse can be obtained by breeding a nightmare, fairy horse, unicorn or pegasus with a black Minecraft horse(although it's easier to use a nightmare if you're in survival mode). When the easy breeding option has been set to false, breeding any horse with a black Minecraft horse can produce a black horse.
Twelve breeds can be obtained through non-magical cross-breeding.
Nine of these are obtained by cross-breeding the five common horses, and their offspring, in various combinations.
Only three out of the four breeds of tier 2 horses can be found in the wild. This includes the palomino snowflake horse, grulla overo/grullo horse, and bay horse. There are four breeds in this tier.
- A pegasus, unicorn, nightmare or fairy horse can be bred with a grey spotted Minecraft horse to get the dappled grey horse.
These breeds are needed for creating the tier 4 horses. There are three breeds in the third tier.
- To get the palomino tovero horse, pair a grulla/grullo overo horse and a white/light grey Minecraft or Mo' Creatures horse.
- The grulla/grullo tovero horse can be obtained by breeding a dappled grey horse with a white/light grey Minecraft or Mo' Creatures horse and breed them.
- The bay tovero horse can be obtained by breeding a Grulla overo/grullo horse and a brown Minecraft horse or a blood bay horse.
In this tier, these horses are the last and most important breeds.
These horses, unlike the the previous tiers, can be used to tame a zebra, which is why they are needed for a zorse and the special horses. There are two breeds of tier 4 horses.
- A black leopard horse can be obtained by pairing a grulla/grullo tovero horse with a black Minecraft horse and having them breed.
- A black tovero horse can be obtained by breeding a bay tovero horse with a black Minecraft horse.
When a tier 4 horse has been bred, breeding can be taken a step further to tame/breed/create the many types of special horses that this mod has to offer.
A donkey is a slightly smaller variant of horse with erect ears. They could be equipped with a chest, and could be also breed with a horse or zebra to create a mule or zonkey. Donkeys looked almost identical to Minecraft donkeys, except for the eyes, and the stripe texture on the back. Donkeys no longer spawn due to the Minecraft donkeys replacement, though they can still be spawned with the
A mule is a cross between a Minecraft donkey and a horse. As they can only be produced by cross-breeding, they cannot be found naturally. They look similar to donkeys, but they have a dark brown coat instead of a greyish coat. Mules are sterile and can be equipped with a chest, but not horse armor.
A zebra is one of the most important horses. A zebra can be used to obtain zorses and zonkeys, by breeding a zebra with a horse or Minecraft donkey. To tame a zebra, the player has to give it an apple whilst riding a tier 4 horse, another zebra, or a zorse. Attempting to do this on a tier 1-3 horse will have no effect.
Tamed zebras will dance to a nearby jukebox if a zebra record is played in it. They'll perform a "shuffle", and will continue to do so until the music is turned off. The music is a loop of LMFAO's Party Rock Anthem.
A zorse is a cross between a horse and a zebra. Zorses can be obtained by breeding a zebra with any type of normal horse. They are important horses that are needed for creating most of the mythical horses. They are born sterile. Giving any of the four essences to a zorse creates the special horses.
A zonkey can be made by breeding a Minecraft donkey with a zebra. A zonkey resembles a zorse but with longer ears, and also makes the same sounds as a donkey. Like mules, a zonkey can be given its own inventory with a chest. They cannot be used to tame zebras.
Undead horses (or zombie horses) are the reanimated corpses of horses. To create an undead horse, use an essence of undead on any horse breed or cross-breed (this also includes nightmares, zorses, mules etc).
Using an essence of undead on a unicorn will turn it into an undead unicorn, and using an essence of undead on a bat horse, pegasus or dark pegasus will turn into an undead pegasus. Undead pegasus can fly, and undead unicorns retain the ability to charge at entities. When a tamed undead horse, undead unicorn or undead pegasus has been killed, several maggots will spawn in its place.
The undead horse, undead unicorn or undead pegasus will only be temporary, however, as their skin will begin to rot, creating a skeleton horse, skeleton unicorn, or skeleton pegasus after several "stages" of decay. If an undead horse, undead unicorn or undead pegasus with flesh is desired, use an essence of light or an essence of undead on it and its flesh will be restored.
Tamed undead horses, undead pegasus or undead unicorns won’t burn if exposed to daylight. Undead horses, pegasus, and unicorns will take damage from splash potions of Healing, and can be healed with splash potions of Harming.
A skeleton horse is the remains of an undead horse, undead unicorn or undead pegasus after it has lost all its flesh.
Like undead horses, skeleton pegasus can fly, and skeleton unicorns retain the ability to charge at mobs and players. They will take damage from splash potions of Healing, and can be healed with splash potions of Harming.
A bat horse is a black flying horse that can blend almost perfectly in the night sky. They can be obtained by using an essence of darkness on a tamed zorse.
A bat horse can be used to create a pegasus. Tamed bat horses won’t burn if exposed to sunlight. There is also an aggressive bat horse that spawns at night, but these naturally occurring horses cannot be tamed and will burn in sunlight. Bat horses can also be paired together and bred with an essence of darkness to produce another bat horse.
A nightmare is a fire-proof horse with a fiery reddish coat. They can be obtained by using an essence of fire on a zorse. A nightmare can be used to create a unicorn by giving a nightmare an essence of light. Unlike other horses, nightmares cannot wear horse armor. But like other horses, tamed nightmares can also be bred via the normal breeding process of horses.
Nightmares have the ability to leave a trail of fire behind them when a whip is used on the ground beside them. The player won't be burnt from the fire unless they get off the horse. The nightmare can be ridden normally, and the effect will last for a short amount of time. It is advised, however, that you should be careful when riding a nightmare when it has its ability activated, as it may set houses or buildings on fire. It is recommended to do this in an open area where they are no wooden structures.
A unicorn is a special horse obtained by using an essence of light on a nightmare. Unicorns can also be bred using two essences of light. They are also needed to obtain a fairy horse by breeding with a pegasus with an essence of light. When a unicorn jumps, a trail of star-shaped particle effects follows behind it, and they can also glide slowly to the ground so that they take no fall damage. Unicorns can be healed with an essence of light.
Unicorns have the unique ability to charge at mobs if a whip is used on them. Keep in mind that neutral or aggressive mobs (such as big cats or ogres) will attack your unicorn if they are hit by the unicorn.
A pegasus is a special white flying horse, that can be obtained by giving a bat horse an essence of light above cloud level (around Y = 150), as long as the player is not riding it at the time. A pegasus can move faster and fly a little quicker than a bat horse, and is also needed to breed a fairy horse.
Like unicorns, a pegasus can be healed by giving it an essence of light.
A dark pegasus is a fire-proof variant of the pegasus, with a dark red coat. They are also one of the hardest horses to obtain, as the player has to give a pegasus an essence of darkness above cloud level, which can be very risky in survival mode, but this is easier in creative mode.
A dark pegasus can be given its own inventory by equipping it with a chest. They also fly a bit slower than a pegasus.
A ghost horse is a translucent horse that has a chance to spawn after a horse dies.
A normal ghost horse is green and can be obtained by killing any rare or tier four horse, this also includes unicorns, nightmares, bat horses, undead horses and skeleton horses.
There is also a variant of the ghost that can fly. Flying ghost horses are grey in color, and can be obtained by killing a pegasus, a dark pegasus, a bat horse or a fairy horse. Horses have a 25% chance of being replaced with a ghost horse when killed. Crystal horse armor can be placed on ghost horses. A flying ghost horse is transparent, so the player can see in water when looking through them.
A fairy horse is the rarest, most colorful, and also the hardest to obtain out of all the other horses, It can only be obtained by breeding a pegasus and a unicorn together. This is achieved by using two essences of light, instead of pumpkins, cake or mushroom stew under the normal breeding conditions. They both will disappear in the process of the birth. If the unicorn or pegasus was saddled, armored or equipped with a chest, those will be dropped, as well as any contents of its inventory. Fairy horses can be equipped with chests and crystal mount armor.
Two adult fairy horses can be bred together by using an essence of light to obtain another fairy horse, but they will also vanish. White fairy horses can be turned into different colors by giving them dyes. Each colored fairy horse has their own different eyes, wings and particle effects. Breeding different colored fairy horses will only produce a regular horse.
Currently, the unavailable dye colors are brown, grey, light grey and magenta. Fairy horses can only be dyed once. They cannot be recolored.
Grey glitch horse
A "grey glitch" horse (or bug horse in the mod files) is an unused horse that will appear if the ID of the horse is corrupted or does not exist. It looks like a regular horse, and the only way to obtain this horse is by using commands, bugs, or if the player's world is corrupted. It has green eyes and a grey coat with black patches.
There is also another grey horse with invisible wings that can fly and carry a chest. It's possible that this horse is a pegasus with a missing texture. When in flight, the wings do not show. It flies in a similar manner to a flying ghost horse and appears to 'glide' in the air.
- Fixed horse breeding.
- Fixed bug with inventories of horses.
- Synchronized flying horse wing flapping animations and sounds.
- Horses can get ready to breed by feeding them a golden carrot.
- Increased horse health, horse speed.
- Tamed zebras 'shuffle' again.
- The nightmare burning effect lasts less than before.
- Fixed zebra 'shuffle' sound.
- Fixed amulet glitch if the player's inventory became filled during vanish animation.
- Added new server '/mocspawn' admin command which allows the player to spawn any type of horse instantly.
- This command should help server admins replace pets that go missing.
v6.1.0 DEV R1
- Fixed fairy horse breeding.
v6.0.0 DEV R3
- Fixed migrated pet amulets containing horses not spawning correctly in 1.6.
- Fixed horse jumping bug showing damage animation.
v6.0.0 DEV R1
- Mo'Creatures horses renamed as wild horses.
- MoCreatures spawn only as tier 2 horses. Tier 2 Mo'Creatures horses can inbreed with vanilla horses to obtain tier 3 and rarer horses (keeping the old breeding rules).
- Removed donkeys from Mo' Creatures.
- Hard coded certain spawn conditions: zebras on savannas, regular horses on prairies.
- Fixed bug when obtaining a white fairy horse.
- Fixed bug with nightmares when animate textures was set to off.
- Amulets now store the owner of the horse.
- Horses stored in amulets that are spawned by a player different than the owner, will become property of the player spawning them, and the previous owner will have his tamed counter reduced accordingly. This is done to allow trade of amulets without losing a taming spot on servers enforcing ownership.
- Ghost horses are now named when they spawn.
- Fixed nightmare missing texture when animate textures is set to off.
- Undead horses will show stages of decay even with animate textures set to off.
- Changes made to decrease lag caused by horses.
- Yellow and purple fairy horses now drop a full amulet when trapped.
- Fixed cyan fairy horse texture typo.
- Newborn foals obtained by breeding will trigger naming on the owner of the mother horse.
- Activated red fairy horse.
- White pegasus can now carry bags.
- Fixed game crashing bug when feeding horses.
- Amulets now store name, health, armor, saddle status of horses.
- All fairy horses can now go into amulets.
- Fixed light green fairy horse texture error.
- Added seven new fairy horses.
- Horses obtained from an amulet are set to the player using the amulet.
- Horse transformation animation is synchronized in multiplayer.
- Foals and ghost horses now spawn tamed and are owned by their parent's owner.
- Horses will make noises less frequently.
- Fixed horse appearing sound.
- Fixed bug that allowed all horses to carry bags.
- Fixed game crashing bug happening rarely when breaking horses.
- Fixed game crashing bug related to horses.
- Fixed game crashing bug when breaking horses in water or lava.
- Fixed bug with cloning horses.
- Added a new fairy horse, obtained by giving the white fairy horse a light green dye.
- You can now dive while riding a flying horse.
- Fixed horse texture bug, framerates will improve when looking at horses, and the blank horse texture bug is fixed.
- Fixed inventory for horses.
- Fixed movement on horses.
- Fixed game crashing bugs with horse special FX.
- Tamed undead horses now 'decay' way slower.
- You can now reset your undead horses to their full flesh zombie condition by giving them a vial of light.
- Fixed game crashing bug with undead horse animations.
- Zebras are again shuffling under the right conditions.
- Fixed bug with bat horses wing animation.
- Fixed: appear and vanishing animations on horses.
- Fixed: horses can now jump.
- Fixed crashing bug when mounting untamed horses or dolphins.
- Fixed color shifting horse bug.
- Complete overhaul of the horses.
- Fixed horses not following ropes.
- Fixed bug with bowl duplication when feeding horses.
- Fixed bug with horse name disappearing after riding it.
- Fixed bug where horses will jump extremely high.
- Fixed bug where horses will have their health reset every time the game loads.
- Fixed bug with horses health bar always being red.
- Fixed bug with horses / fall damage.
- You can change the name of tamed horses.
- Another improvement on horse riding: now you can use tools, place blocks and pick up items while riding a horse. You can also shoot arrows and use weapons. You can now only dismount a horse by using the sneak key (shift).
- Horses will suffer damage from mobs when they have the player as a rider.
- Horses will now toggle movement on/off when user right clicks on them while wearing a whip.
- Horses can now be roped and towed. You can tow as many horses as you want. You can even tow a horse while flying on a pegasus.
- The bags of the packhorse and black pegasus won't be displayed until you give a chest to the horse.
- Fixed bug with horses growing bigger than normal if fed repeatedly.
- Horses are no longer attacked by wolves.
- Horses are also tamed instantly if given a golden apple.
- Horses now also accept cake as a breeding food.
- Horses won't be attacked by wolves if the player suffers from fall damage.
- Tamed horses can now be given a name.
- Fixed horses moving when ridden.
- Rewrote horse riding code.
- Fixed horse spinning bug.
- Horses no longer eat stones.
- Fixed bug with hunters attacking horses even after selecting otherwise in the menu settings.
- Baby horses look smaller.
- There is a 1/5 chance of finding baby horses in the wild (they can despawn).
- Fixed bug with nightmares' special ability.
- Fixed game crashing bug when killing pack horses.
- Increased spawn rate of horses (from groups of 4 to 6).
- Fixed wing flipping bug in pegasus.
- Fixed bug that prevented horse riding.
- Fixed typo in one of the horse sound files (thanks to CrimsonCrow for the heads up).
- Fixed spinning bug when mounting horses.
- Horses will no longer eat eggs.
- You can now offer bowlsoup to the horses in addition to pumpkins for reproduction.
- You can now use the torch to open the horses inventory.
- Fixed the 'undead horse glitch'.
- Fixed the horse chunk eating glitch.
- Removed sound bug when pegasus and black pegasus landed.
- Removed damage done to horse by rider.
- You can also open the horse inventory if you're holding a torch.
- Only one horse will become sterile after breeding (before, both would become sterile).
- Sterile horses won't accept pumpkins or eggs.
- Added a breeding system for horses and 3 new horses: pack horse, nightmare and black pegasus.
- Horses get healed when fed.
- Giving an apple to a horse will tame it automatically.
- Added eating sounds to the horses so you know it is eating the food.
- Added inventory to two horses: pack horse and BlackPegasus.
- Added horses.
- Increased health of horses.
- Made spawns for unicorns and pegasus rarer.
- Decreased damage of unicorns after jumping.
- Fixed unicorn jumping damage.
- The horse spawn egg uses the same texture as the Minecraft horse spawn egg.
- Riding a horse and having a tamed bunny, kitty, turtle or bird on your head will make it run faster and jump higher than usual. When riding any flying horse, having any small mob on your head will make the flying horse charge forward while flying.
- If a player picks up leather dropped by a horse, they will receive the “Cow Tipper" achievement. This is due to the achievement being given when a player picks up any piece of leather instead of being given when one kills a cow.
- If a fairy horse carrying a chest is given an essence of undead, it will turn it into an undead unicorn equipped with a chest, making this the only legitimate way to get a chested undead unicorn.
- Jeb worked with DrZhark to implement horses for Minecraft 1.6. DrZhark is credited for this in the End Poem.
- If you shoot an arrow at your horse when riding it, the horse will not take damage. It will go through the horse's body as long as you are riding it.
- If you look through a dark blue fairy horse's wings at a pegasus, you can't see it.
Bear • Big Cat • Bird • Bunny • Crab • Dolphin • Elephant (Mammoth)• Fishy • Fox • Goat • Horse • Jellyfish • Kitty • Komodo Dragon • Manta Ray • Manticore • Medium Fish • Ostrich • Raccoon • Scorpion • Shark • Small Fish • Snake • Stingray • Turkey • Turtle • Wyvern