Light levels of 7 or less. Wild nightmares spawn in the Nether.
Undead, skeleton and bat horsemobs spawn almost anywhere in the Overworld at light levels of 7 or less.
Nightmare horsemobs naturally spawn almost anywhere in the Nether.
All four horsemobs will drop:
- 5 experience when killed by a player or tamed wolf.
- 0–2 Leather if the horsemob is a bat horse or nightmare.
- 0–2 Bone if the horsemob is a skeleton horse.
- 0–2 Rotten Flesh if the horsemob is a zombie horse.
- 0–2 Heart of Darkness (25% chance) if a bat horse.
- 0–2 Heart of Fire (25% chance) if a nightmare.
- 0–2 Heart of Undead (25% chance) if a zombie horse.
After an undead horsemob has been killed, a slime of random size will spawn in its place.
Horsemobs spawn in dimly light areas, and behave similarly to horses; they will wander around aimlessly, and emit neighs and whinnies occasionally. They emit aggressive neighs when attacking the player. All types of horsemobs are hostile and will attack the player if they are within a 12-16 block radius. Horsemobs, with the exception of nightmare horsemobs, will burn and take damage in sunlight, unless they are in water, a dark place such as a cave, or under the effect of a fire resistance potion.
Both undead and skeleton horsemobs are immune to poison, will take damage from splash potions of healing, and are healed with splash potions of harming. When a zombie horsemob has been killed, a slime of random size will spawn in its place.
Zombies, skeletons, silver skeletons, wither skeletons and zombie pigmen can ride horsemobs. As zombie pigmen are neutral mobs, nightmare horsemobs will not always chase the player, since the pigman is in control of the horsemob. However, if the player gets too close to the nightmare, it will still attack him/her.
Horsemobs will spawn using one of four different skins. Skins include rotting-green (undead/zombie), skeleton, black (bat), and red (nightmare).
- Fixed animated textures and particle Fx for horsemobs.
- Fixed movement bug on wild bathorses.
- Added aggressive mobhorses.
- Horsemobs, unlike horses, cannot be tamed, mounted, or bred by the player.
- The resources that horsemobs drop are crucial for making the four essences.
- Occasionally, when a skeleton shoots at the player whilst riding a horsemob, it will shoot the horsemob, even though its aiming for the player.
- Using a scroll of freedom on a tamed bat horse, nightmare, skeleton horse or undead horse will not turn it into a horsemob. Instead, it will remain passive.
Bear • Big Cat • Bird • Bunny • Crab • Dolphin • Elephant (Mammoth)• Fishy • Fox • Goat • Horse • Jellyfish • Kitty • Komodo Dragon • Manta Ray • Manticore • Medium Fish • Ostrich • Raccoon • Scorpion • Shark • Small Fish • Snake • Stingray • Turkey • Turtle • Wyvern