Jellyfish are small poisonous mobs that can be tamed by the player.
Jellyfish spawn in ocean, deep ocean, frozen ocean, river and frozen river biomes.
Jellyfish will spawn with one of five different colors: light orange, purple-grey, light blue, green, and orange-red. There are also seven other colors, but jellyfish with these colors do not spawn naturally, and cannot be spawned with the jellyfish spawn egg. These include: blue, orange-yellow, pale pink, pinkish-purple, speckled blue, and white.
Jellyfish will drop 0–2 slimeballs upon death. This can be increased with the Looting enchantment. They drop 1–3 experience when killed by a player or tamed wolf.
Jellyfish are passive mobs, and will not attack or chase after you. They are translucent, and move in a pulsating manner. They are also luminescent at night. It takes about 6 seconds before jellyfish take damage when exposed to land.
If you get too close to a jellyfish, you will be inflicted with the Poison I effect for five seconds on Easy or higher difficulty. This does not, however, apply to tamed jellyfish.
A jellyfish can be tamed by using a fish net on it and then releasing it again. When a jellyfish has been released from a fish net, the naming screen will appear. A tamed jellyfish cannot be healed by 'feeding' it with food items, they can only be healed with a splash potion of Healing. Tamed jellyfish will not poison the player when touched.
- Temporarily disabled jellyfish glowing effect until player transparency is resolved.
- Fixed jellyfish crashing bug.
- Jellyfish will no longer poison players riding a boat.
- Fixed GL post render error with jellyfish. Note: this currently removes transparency.
- Changed models and textures for the jellyfish. Jellyfish can now glow in the dark.
Jellyfish will no longer poison players out of water.
- Added jellyfish.
- When jellyfish models were revamped, there were seven other models that were implemented, but never used. The missing jellyfish textures can be found in the mod files.
- Despite being missing, jellyfish can still be spawned with these models with the summon command.
- Jellyfish are the only passive mobs that poison the player.
Bear • Big Cat • Bird • Bunny • Crab • Dolphin • Elephant (Mammoth)• Fishy • Fox • Goat • Horse • Jellyfish • Kitty • Komodo Dragon • Manta Ray • Manticore • Medium Fish • Ostrich • Raccoon • Scorpion • Shark • Small Fish • Snake • Stingray • Turkey • Turtle • Wyvern