Natural generation Edit
Moles naturally generate on grass blocks with 2 blocks of free space above it at light level of 9 or more.
Moles will drop 0–2 fur when killed, the number of drops can be increased with the Looting enchantment. They drop 1 to 3 experience when killed by a player or tamed wolf.
Moles wander around aimlessly, avoiding cliffs high enough to cause fall damage, and usually stay out of water. They are 'shy' mobs; if a player or mob approaches it, the mole will burrow into a nearby block and stay hidden until the entity moves away from the mole.
After the mob or player has moved a few blocks away, a mole that was previously under a block will peek its head and upper body out of the ground. If left alone, it will exit the block and resume normal behavior. If the entity approaches the mole, it will dig under once more.
If the player or a mob is near a mole and they are on a block they can't dig under, such as a wood block, they will not run away from you, or dig under that block, but instead act like any other passive mob.
They can only dig under grass, dirt, sand, and red sand. They throw some particles above where they're digging. When attacked, moles will run away and hide again.
v6.1.0 DEVR1 Edit
- Added new creature 'mole'.
- When a mole is under a block, they are immune to damage from most sources, including lava, splash potions, poison, and arrows. However, since explosions destroy blocks, the mole will still take damage from TNT, ghast fireballs, and creeper blasts.
- Even though moles can dig under most blocks, they won't destroy them.
- Moles make the same hurt and death sounds as bunnies.
- When a mole is underground, its shadow is still visible, but this can only be seen if entity shadows has been turned on or on Fancy graphics.
Bear • Big Cat • Bird • Bunny • Crab • Dolphin • Elephant (Mammoth)• Fishy • Fox • Goat • Horse • Jellyfish • Kitty • Komodo Dragon • Manta Ray • Manticore • Medium Fish • Ostrich • Raccoon • Scorpion • Shark • Small Fish • Snake • Stingray • Turkey • Turtle • Wyvern