Neutral (in human form)
Light level of 7 or less and 1×2 space anywhere but transparent blocks (half blocks, glass, TNT etc).
Human form hurt
Human form death
|“||Sadly, without the human part, they wouldn't be werewolves. And what may make some people uncomfortable is the moral dilemma. Do I slain the human? If you stop to think about it, I did what I could to make you feel bad about yourself by killing the humans. They plead, they cry, they look miserable, they drop garbage. Would you rather face the werewolf at night? Then you will get better drops but you need to be prepared.||„|
Werewolves are aggressive mobs with the ability to shape-shift.
Werewolves naturally spawn on top of solid blocks in the Overworld in light levels of 7 or less.
Werewolves in human form use one of four different skins. These skins use a model that replicates the stance of players. These skins come with either black, brown, white, or red hair. The color of their hair will determine what color werewolf they will turn into.
In wolf form, werewolves will be either white, black, brown, or have a fiery red texture similar to that of a nightmare's coat.
When killed in human form, werewolves drop:
- 0–2 Sticks
- 0–2 Wooden Axes
- 0–2 Wooden Hoes
- 0–2 Wooden Pickaxes
- 0–2 Wooden Shovels
- 0–2 Wooden Swords
If killed in their wolf form, werewolves will drop:
- 0–2 Golden Apples
- 0–2 Stone Axes
- 0–2 Stone Hoes
- 0–2 Stone Pickaxes
- 0–2 Stone Shovels
- 0–2 Stone Swords
- 0–2 Iron Axes
- 0–2 Iron Hoes
- 0–2 Iron Pickaxes
- 0–2 Iron Shovels
- 0–2 Iron Swords
Regardless of what form the werewolf was in when killed, they will drop 5 experience when killed by a player or tamed wolf.
A werewolf has two forms: a human form and a wolf form. They take their passive human form during the day, and hostile wolf form during the night.
When night comes, a werewolf in human form will begin its transformation, and it becomes hostile. Werewolves in wolf form will also wander around aimlessly and howl and growl occasionally.
When the sun rises, the werewolf will revert back into its usual human form again, instead of catching fire like other monsters.
Werewolves have 40 × 20 health points, and are resistant to almost all weapons. Like actual werewolves, however, they have a weakness to silver, and therefore can be killed with a silver sword. All other weapons, including axes, swords and bows, will only deal 1 damage, regardless of their enchantments. Despite this, they are still affected by knockback.
When a werewolf spots the player, its speed will increase to about that of the player's walking speed. Occasionally, the werewolf will hunch down on all fours and their speed will increase significantly, and sometimes, like spiders, they will pounce into the player when in close proximity.
Fire werewolves can set the player on fire for a few seconds after he/she is touched by one.
- Fixed crashing bug when hitting werewolves with a tool.
- Werewolves will receive higher damage from items / weapons with 'silver' in the unlocalized name or name of the material. They won't receive extra damage from gold weapons.
- Werewolves won't complain as much when transforming from human to werewolf form.
- Improved werewolves moving speed when hunched.
- Fixed bounding box of werewolves.
- Changed werewolf model and textures, added different kinds of werewolves.
- Fixed bug with werewolves not finding targets.
- Fixed werewolf death bug.
- Fixed werewolves doing damage from a distance.
- Fixed bug with werewolves attacking themselves.
- Removed 'annoying' werewolf / human sounds.
- Werewolves now spawn only on Normal or higher difficulty. Spawn rate also decreased.
- Added werewolves to the full version of the mod.
- Added werewolves.
- In the textures folder, the human form werewolves are called "weredude", "wereoldie" "werehuman" and "werewoman".
- Werewolves are the only mobs in Mo' Creatures that take extra damage from a weapon, that being the silver sword.
- While in their human form, werewolves have the same hit box as the player.
- If you have a tamed wolf that will attack the werewolf for you, it will take more damage from it.
- Iron golems will attack werewolves regardless of their form, even if they are in human form.
Bear • Big Cat • Bird • Bunny • Crab • Dolphin • Elephant (Mammoth)• Fishy • Fox • Goat • Horse • Jellyfish • Kitty • Komodo Dragon • Manta Ray • Manticore • Medium Fish • Ostrich • Raccoon • Scorpion • Shark • Small Fish • Snake • Stingray • Turkey • Turtle • Wyvern