Wraiths are flying hostile mobs.
Wraiths can be found in the Overworld almost anywhere in light levels of 7 or less.
Flame wraiths can spawn almost anywhere in the Nether at any light level.
When killed, wraiths drop 0–2 gunpowder, and flame wraiths drop 0–2 redstone. They drop 5 experience when killed by a player or tamed wolf.
Wraiths wander around aimlessly at night, making ghostly moans. A wraith will target the player within 12–16 blocks, and will attack by touching the player. Like zombies, wraiths have an attack animation when hitting the player, and wave their arms up in the air simultaneously. If a flame wraith touches you, you will be set on fire for at least 15 or more seconds, as if you had touched lava. When a wraith is nearby, they make ghostly moaning sounds.
They make a sudden gasp when you hit them, and a strange low pitched howling wail or ghostly hissing breath when they are killed. Like other "undead" mobs, wraiths will die in sunlight, but they don't get set on fire. They are also translucent, which makes it somewhat hard to see in caves, as they blend in with the stone surroundings if they are in caves or other dark places.
- Wraiths no longer collide with entities. Added attack animation.
v6.0.0 DEV R5Edit
- Fixed wraiths not moving.
- Flame wraiths won't burn the player in the Nether.
- Wraiths are now slightly translucent.
- Fixed a bug where wraiths had big heads.
- Fixed bug with flame wraiths drops.
- Fixed bug with wraiths surviving daylight.
- Flame wraiths will only spawn on Hard difficulty. They will also spawn in the Nether.
- Minor nerf to wraiths.
- Added wraiths.
- Flame wraiths cannot set the player on fire in the Nether.
- Like normal wraiths, flame wraiths will die in sunlight, though they do not burn as they are fire-proof.
- The "hurt" sound comes from the 1973 horror film The Exorcist, as one of the sounds Regan MacNeill makes as she becomes possessed by the demon present in the film.
Bear • Big Cat • Bird • Bunny • Crab • Dolphin • Elephant (Mammoth)• Fishy • Fox • Goat • Horse • Jellyfish • Kitty • Komodo Dragon • Manta Ray • Manticore • Medium Fish • Ostrich • Raccoon • Scorpion • Shark • Small Fish • Snake • Stingray • Turkey • Turtle • Wyvern